Understanding the importance of local SEO is absolutely essential to stay ahead of the curve. Ranking above your competitors in the search listings presents a tremendous opportunity to generate new leads and increase sales. But the problem for many is how to get there. This is where local online marketing companies enter the picture. They can help you set up the most effective local SEO campaigns to increase your rankings. Not all SEO agencies, however, are created the same. The following are some useful tips to help you find the right local online marketing company.
1. Choose a firm that practices what they preach.
Essentially, what this means is that you should observe the firm’s website and other online properties to see whether they’re practicing what they recommend to their clients. Many marketers simply search for the company name to check whether they’re ranking on the first page, but you should delve a bit deeper than that. There are more things to consider such as the quality of their content, page load speed, and other important site metrics. If you are looking for a firm that specialises in local marketing, find out what areas they cover.
2. Be sure that they have a team of SEO professionals.
There are plenty of SEO agencies who simply outsource their services to freelance SEOs or other smaller firms. Although you can still receive quality services, you don’t want to risk your money on a firm that doesn’t have its own team of SEO experts. This is why it pays to visit the firms physical office to see for yourself whether they have in-house SEOs that handle all services they offer.
3. Go for one with a clear pricing scheme.
A reputable local SEO company should first evaluate your website and explain to you the specific services required to boost your search visibility. When an agency simply gives you a figure without seeing your website, you should remove them from your list and head to another firm. Also, be sure to discuss whether ongoing SEO services are required and ask for the different payment options as well.
4. Ask for regular reports.
One of the primary advantages of hiring a local online marketing company is that they can send you regular reports regarding your rankings, traffic and conversion rates. Be sure that the company you choose has the necessary analytics tools to measure the success of your SEO efforts. This allows you to see whether the company really knows what they’re doing or it’s time to find a new one.
5. Pick one that specializes in local SEO.
There are SEO companies that offer a wide range of SEO services, while there are some that focus on local marketing, so for instance, if you are based in Gloucester, you should look for a business that is familiar with marketing Gloucester. Most of the time, they can offer a cheaper price for the same services compared to larger SEO agencies. Be sure to find a firm in your local community and try to ask friends and colleagues for personal recommendations.
Choosing a local internet marketing company isn’t as straightforward as it seems. But by following the tips mentioned here, you should be able to find a reputable local SEO agency that can help bring you closer toward your business goals.
Google GOOG +1.53% the term “Is SEO dead?” and what comes back in return is over 44 million references including the aptly titled article of the same name by fellow Forbes contributor Jayson DeMers. In his article DeMers shares a conversation he had with Sam McRoberts, CEO of VUDU Marketing and a widely published expert in the SEO field.
When queried if in fact SEO is dead, McRoberts said “SEO is far from dead” but added the caveat that “it’s changed so drastically that people really need to learn to think of it as less of a marketing tactic, and more of a branding play.”
Not sure I agree with that assessment but regardless of that and contrary to what you may have read recently, organic search engine optimization is far from dead.
In fact, many companies, including the London based SEO agency – Go Up, are making a renewed commitment to investing into developing solid, SEO optimized web infrastructure that is search-engine friendly, given the engines’ continued commitment to improving their algorithms over time.
Here’s a list of seven specific reasons why your business should definitely consider investing in your organic SEO:
- It still works – First and foremost, the techniques employed to improve SEO still work. Even though data regarding organic traffic from Google was pulled fairly recently, the techniques themselves remain sound. Plenty of SEO case studies performed post-Hummingbird can verify this. Joshua Guerra, CEO of marketing firm BIZCOR says “As long as you are focusing on optimal user experience while performing methodic SEO strategies, you will be rewarded with higher positioning and organic traffic.”
- It is not going to stop working any time soon – Based on the way search engines appear to be developing, it is not likely that SEO will cease to be effective any time in the foreseeable future. On some level, even audio and video searches ultimately depend on keywords the same as traditional text-based content; this link ensures the continued success of SEO techniques as long as it exists.
- It is cost-effective – Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as PPC advertising, social media marketing, or purchasing leads for an email marketing program, SEO provides fairly good ROI. While PPC may drive more revenue and social media may be more important for your image, your organic SEO in many ways remains a bedrock of your online presence.
- Search engines grabbing more market share – Somewhere between 80-90% of customers now check online reviews prior to making a purchase, and this number is only expected to increase. It won’t be long before virtually everyone is searching for products and services online. Do you want them to be able to locate your business, or not? Without organic SEO in place, people will have a very hard time finding you and will instead find your competitors.
- Rise of mobile bandwidth and local search optimization – Later this year, the amount of traffic delivered to mobile devices is expected to exceed that delivered to traditional desktop devices. With this dramatic explosion in mobile usage, a whole new world of effective SEO techniques have opened up for companies, such as local search optimization.